project is in vb.net ,so its webservice can be created in c# or not??? RRS feed

• Question

• User442781244 posted

guys

my website is in vb.net...i have to create webservice...... so i can create  webservice in c# or not???

according to my info it is not possible. but i just want to confirm.....

Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:55 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

If memory serves, I believe that you should be able to consume a C# Web Service from a Visual Basic application. I believe you would just need to open your Visual Basic project and add the Web Service (it should be something like Right-click Project > Add Service Reference).

(Not around an actual computer at the moment to cite examples but I'm quite sure it is possible).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:05 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

If memory serves, I believe that you should be able to consume a C# Web Service from a Visual Basic application. I believe you would just need to open your Visual Basic project and add the Web Service (it should be something like Right-click Project > Add Service Reference).

(Not around an actual computer at the moment to cite examples but I'm quite sure it is possible).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:05 AM
  • User442781244 posted

rion,

i did...my project is vb.net...rightclick-->add new item-->webservice in c#---> created webmethod------then weservice.asmx----iwth broswer....then in browser it is written that 

service langauge and website language should match..............

so guys tell which concept is correct..

plz share your exp......

Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:39 AM