Where is the Shell (cmd or powershell ?) on which docker client commands run in Visual Studio 2017 when performing the process of starting the application within container by pressing CTRL+F5? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My question is:

Where is the Shell (cmd or powershell ?) on which docker client commands run in Visual Studio 2017 when performing the process of starting the application within container by pressing CTRL+F5?

Why I have this question:

I would like to specify some environment variables into the context of docker client commands when VS 2017 performs the docker commands to put the application into docker container by pressing CTRL+F5, but I don't know where is the Shell on which docker client commands run, otherwise I can claim the environment variables there.

Friday, July 21, 2017 1:39 AM

All replies

• Fix it,

it is cmd, and don't forget to re-open your vs 2017 to verify whether the environment variables you set takes effect.

Friday, July 21, 2017 5:20 AM
  • Hi Frank,

I am glad to know that you resolve and share the solution to us, please mark it as answer, it will be beneficial to other communities who have the similar issue.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 28, 2017 9:11 AM