none
Window Server 2008 problem after delete "pending.xml" in not a right way. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Actually I was stucked in window server 2008 update step 3 of 3. I solved this problem by only done "del c:\windows\winsxs\pending.xml" at the  installation disk - command dot prompt. After this I could access to my desktop. But there was another problem occur as listed below:

1)I could update window file but I couldn't  update the last updated file that made the window server 2008 previously stucked.

2)Network icon shows no internet connection, but I still could watch my ip address in internet explorer, and remote computer could still connected, but shows error could not access to desktop. I double click the network icon, it shows "Unknow" "the dependency service or group failed to start". I cannot did diagnostic

check. It shows me start the "Network Policy and Access Service" in Services. I try it but pop up error message.

3)In Server manager, Role Summary shows red cross at File Service, Network Policy and Access Services,Terminal Services and Web Server (IIS).

4)Antivirus software cannot start properly.

Do you have any idea to solve my problem?

Thanks a lot and best regards,Teresa.

Friday, March 11, 2016 1:10 AM