Window App with both online and offline UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am constructing a high level layer diagram for a Windows App. The requirements call for UI's that can be accessed on the local client as well as over the internet. Both UI's will use the same components except for the additional components for managing the data offline.

Can anyone suggest what the pattern and practice is for this case?  Specifically, if I have presentation layers both on and off the server in my diagram, will I have to duplicate the common components?  If I should not duplicate the common components how can I specify that the common components are the same ones in each of the layers: they will be used in the separate browser and web server layers?

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 7:24 PM

All replies

• You should use common components were appropriate. For example a particular validation could be shared both locally and on the server. Showing the different components depends on how you're showing your arch. E.g. for a tier diagram you just given them different names or draw up different diagrams. It's about communication not automatic code generation. 

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:32 AM