none
PWA 2010 Project Center Ribbon js customisation RRS feed

• Question

• In PWA 2010, in the Project Center, I have 7 EPTs. It was fine. When I had the eight EPT, the UI gets distorted as shown below. Can some one help me locate the js which drives this so that I can fix it?

Please note, the names of EPTs have been removed from the screenshot.

Friday, February 3, 2012 6:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Updating the javascript files in the 14 hive is not supported, as any changes in SP's or CU's may rub them out.  It's strange you are seeing that, I have a customer with 15 EPT's and that fly out shows fine.

Is the issue consistent across machines and browsers?

Do you have the browser zoom level set to something other than 100%? I have seen reports of issues.

Failing that, you could use IE Dev tools, inspect the HTML / CSS and look at using jQuery to address the problem, but it's only treating the symptom. Might be worth a support ticket.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by pwa guy Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:48 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Updating the javascript files in the 14 hive is not supported, as any changes in SP's or CU's may rub them out.  It's strange you are seeing that, I have a customer with 15 EPT's and that fly out shows fine.

Is the issue consistent across machines and browsers?

Do you have the browser zoom level set to something other than 100%? I have seen reports of issues.

Failing that, you could use IE Dev tools, inspect the HTML / CSS and look at using jQuery to address the problem, but it's only treating the symptom. Might be worth a support ticket.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by pwa guy Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:48 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I checked it in IE 8 and it worked fine!

In IE 7 the issue exists. The browser level was 100% in both. I will explore IE Dev tools

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:49 PM