Which one to use? MS ACCESS or SQLite? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

At first I am sorry If this question was already mentioned here but I need to ask again. What will you offer for my program and why?

MS ACCESS or SQLite or ... . The database for now consists of maybe 10 000 records or maybe to the futher of course more. The program running on the more PC's via WIFI (personal cloud).

Really thanks for that.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 8:38 AM

Answers

• For a local database, SQL Server Compact 4.0 works very fine and doesn't need installation

I used SQLite first, but it had problems with complex queries (freezes)

• Marked as answer by TakeshiKitano Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:43 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:48 AM

All replies

• You can use both, but it's important to know the differences and their similarities. It's usually my choice of SQLite because it's simple to use, open source, has cross-platform support.

TR| Sorunuzun yanıtı bu ise "Yanıt Olarak Öner" olarak işaretleyin, eğer faydalı bir yorum ise "Oy Ver"erek forumun işleyişine katkıda bulunabilirsiniz. EN| If this is the answer to your problem, mark "Propose as Answer" and if it is helpful, you can contribute to the workig of the forum by "Voting".

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:15 AM
  • I got burnt too many times as Access can become easily corrupted on a routine basis needing repair. SQLite is the better choice IMO.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Hi all,

At first I am sorry If this question was already mentioned here but I need to ask again. What will you offer for my program and why?

MS ACCESS or SQLite or ... . The database for now consists of maybe 10 000 records or maybe to the futher of course more. The program running on the more PC's via WIFI (personal cloud).

Really thanks for that.

I particularly don't recoment Ms Acess for production, if you're just learning... Is Ok, other than this I don't recommend.
    Some people say it's DBMS and a RDBMS others say it just a application dev tool, Microsoft doesn't improve that much.

I recommend SQLite for mobile apps, IOTs and cases where you cannot install other DBMS on the machine.

IF what you want is get ride of expenses, depending on the size of your project you can use SQL Server Express or even MySQL.

Give a look on uses of SQLite

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2646901/what-are-the-reasons-to-use-sql-server-instead-of-mysql-with-a-complex-net-proj

This too

BP-LP 2005/2016 @ll rights reserved

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:40 AM
  • For a local database, SQL Server Compact 4.0 works very fine and doesn't need installation

I used SQLite first, but it had problems with complex queries (freezes)

• Marked as answer by TakeshiKitano Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:43 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:48 AM