No voice installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have a problem with "TextToSpeach". I put a Data with "Hello" and a TextToSpeach but doesnt work.I am using Windows 7 64-bit and MRDS R3. I understand i dont have a voice installed but i cant figure it out how to install one. Please help me...

Error: System.InvalidOperationException: No voice installed on the system or none available with the current security setting.
       at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.GetEngineWithVoice(TTSVoice defaultVoice, VoiceInfo defaultVoiceId, String name, CultureInfo culture, VoiceGender gender, VoiceAge age, Int32 variant, Boolean switchContext)
       at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.GetVoice(Boolean switchContext)
       at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.GetEngine(String name, CultureInfo culture, VoiceGender gender, VoiceAge age, Int32 variant, Boolean switchContext)
       at System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.SelectVoice(String name)
       at Microsoft.Robotics.Technologies.Speech.TextToSpeech.TextToSpeech.SetVoice(String voice)
       at Microsoft.Robotics.Technologies.Speech.TextToSpeech.TextToSpeech.InitTextToSpeech()
       at Microsoft.Robotics.Technologies.Speech.TextToSpeech.TextToSpeech.Start()
       at Microsoft.Dss.ServiceModel.DsspServiceBase.DsspServiceBase.<StartService>d__4f.MoveNext()
    Source: http://seiko-tosh:50000/texttospeech
    Code site: Boolean MoveNext()() at line:0, file
    Time: 16.06.2011 15:37:14
    --------------------------

Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:42 PM

Answers

• Windows 7-64bit was the problem. Not working on 64-bit, only on 32-bit OS. Take care!
    • Marked as answer by seiko88 Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:43 PM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:43 PM

All replies

• There should be a default voice on Windows 7. The only time I have seen this sort of problem was on a non-English version of Windows. Is your version of Windows US English?

Trevor

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Is English version, language in english. I dont know what to do anymore...

Friday, June 17, 2011 8:15 AM
  • Windows 7-64bit was the problem. Not working on 64-bit, only on 32-bit OS. Take care!
    • Marked as answer by seiko88 Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:43 PM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:43 PM
  • So what was the solution? From your answer I get nothing. You stopped working on the 64bit machine and moved to a 32bit machine or what?
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Mine doesn't work even in 32bit, i really need the sollution
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:56 AM
  • You can change the build properties of you project to run only on x64 : 

Right Click on you project in VS 2010 > Build > Plateform Target > x64

Save then run project ;)

it worked for me

Enjoy coding

Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:46 PM