How to disable only Word web application when opening PDF documents in Sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to disable only Word web application when opening PDF documents in Sharepoint 2013. However,I don't want to disable other Office web application such as Excel or PowerPoint. please let me know hoe to achieve this.

Thanks,

Guru

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Guru

To adjust the binding so that smartphones won’t try to view PDFs in Word Web App (but other devices will continue to), enter the following command and then press Enter:

Get-SPWopiBinding -Action "MobileView" -Application "WordPDF" | Remove-SPWopiBinding -Confirm:$false

To remove the binding altogether so that PDFs open in the default PDF viewer on all devices, use the following:

Get-SPWOPIBinding –Application "WordPDF" | Remove-SPWOPIBinding -Confirm:$false

Thanks Mohit

• Proposed as answer by Dennis Guo Monday, December 7, 2015 4:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Guru

To adjust the binding so that smartphones won’t try to view PDFs in Word Web App (but other devices will continue to), enter the following command and then press Enter:

Get-SPWopiBinding -Action "MobileView" -Application "WordPDF" | Remove-SPWopiBinding -Confirm:$false

To remove the binding altogether so that PDFs open in the default PDF viewer on all devices, use the following:

Thanks Mohit

• Proposed as answer by Dennis Guo Monday, December 7, 2015 4:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 11:36 AM
  • Hi Guru

Can you please let us know if your issue is resolved or not?

Thanks Mohit

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:31 AM
  • Hi, I have the same problem.

doesn't affect, documents from mobile device still openning in Word Web App.

works, but I want to disable Office Web App on mobile devices only.

• Edited by Yurko__ Friday, February 15, 2019 8:40 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:37 PM