none
Show % complete for a particular task in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• We have the projects created based on 2 tasks  i.e. PreContract Tasks and Post Contract Tasks.

We want to show the percent complete of Post Contract Tasks (all subtasks within it ) on the Project Center against that project 

instead of showing the overall percent complete for the project which includes Pre & Post Contract Tasks.

Please advise,is this technically feasible to show percent complete in Project Center

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would do the following:

• create a flag task custom field to flag your summary task "post contract task"
    • create a number task custom field with the formula: iif (flag1=YES; %complete; "0"), with a sum rollup
    • create a number project custom field equal to the previous field. It will rollup at project level the % complete of your summary task.
    • add this project number custom field to the project center view.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:51 AM
  • Hi Rouyre,

Thanks for the quick response.

The steps mentioned by you are the same which i have already tried.

The only issue is the value does not reflect for that project number custom field in the Project Center View.

Looks like their is some configuration / step required to make this work

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:44 AM
  • We would need more information. In the step I mentionned, which one is not working? Is the flag working? Is the task number custom field working? Did you publish the project? What is/are your formula(s)?

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:48 AM
  • I cannot see the screenshot, but what is your formula? did you publish the project? The 2 custom fields (task and project level) need to have the same type (number).

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:30 AM
  • Image URL: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1276567
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:35 AM
  • Yes ,project is published and also both of them are of same type i.e number

• create a number project custom field equal to the previous field. It will rollup at project level the % complete of your summary task.
    • This field was created in PWA as Enterprise Custom Field of Entity Project and Type Number and i set its formula equal to Number Task custom field.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:37 AM
  • Flag custom field created,named as "NASEER_FLAG"

the formula for number task custom field is 

IIf([NASEER_FLAG] = True, [% Complete], "0"),this is working and giving correct results at TASK level view.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:40 AM