none
VSTO Visual Studio Tools For Office VSTOWordClientPkg.dll installation problem RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Visual Studio 2005 (Team System w. SP1) problem installation of Visual Studio Tools For Office (VSTO)

During VS 2005 (Team System) installation, I get an error screen with the title "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Setup", containing the error message: "Error 1911.Could not register Type Library for file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Visual Studio Tools For Office\vspkgs\VSTOWordClientPkg.dll. Contact your support personnel." When RegSvr32 is run on the file VSTOWordClientPkg.dll to register the file, I get the error message: ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Visual Studio Tools For Office\vspkgs\VSTOWordClientPkg.dll" is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type."

On starting Visual Studio, I get an error message window with the title "Microsoft Visual Studio" and the error message: "Package Load Failure" "Package 'Visual Studio Tools for Office Word Client Package' has failed to load properly (GUID = {FC3B16EE-8195-4C89-B6DD-4532BC8C7A98}). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the furure? You may use 'devenv /resetskipppkgs' to re-enable package loading." When opening Toolbox inside Visual Studio the following VSIP error message is obtained: "Package 'Visual Studio Tools for Office Word Client Package' has failed to load (GUID = {FC3B16EE-8195-4C89-B6DD-4532BC8C7A98}). Please contact package vendor for assistance."

I installed VSTO 2005 SE (vstor.exe) and the 'Package load' error messages still occur. I tried unsuccessfully to find a VSTO 2005 (not VSTO 2005 SE) download to see if this package would 'fix' this problem.

Is there a solution to this problem so that I can correct the 'deficiencies' in my Visual Studio VSTO installation? Thank you...Vaughn !:-)

I did the repair installation of VSTS 2005.  The repair installation ran in "Maintenance Mode" and during the installation/repair of Visual Studio 2005, the same VSTO installation problem and error message occurred.  !:-(  Thank you for your assistance...Vaughn  !:-)

During VS 2005 (Team System) installation, I get an error screen with the title "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Setup", containing the error message: "Error 1911.Could not register Type Library for file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Visual Studio Tools For Office\vspkgs\VSTOWordClientPkg.dll. Contact your support personnel." When RegSvr32 is run on the file VSTOWordClientPkg.dll to register the file, I get the error message: ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Visual Studio Tools For Office\vspkgs\VSTOWordClientPkg.dll" is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type."

On starting Visual Studio, I get an error message window with the title "Microsoft Visual Studio" and the error message: "Package Load Failure" "Package 'Visual Studio Tools for Office Word Client Package' has failed to load properly (GUID = {FC3B16EE-8195-4C89-B6DD-4532BC8C7A98}). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the furure? You may use 'devenv /resetskipppkgs' to re-enable package loading." When opening Toolbox inside Visual Studio the following VSIP error message is obtained: "Package 'Visual Studio Tools for Office Word Client Package' has failed to load (GUID = {FC3B16EE-8195-4C89-B6DD-4532BC8C7A98}). Please contact package vendor for assistance."

I did the repair installation of VSTS 2005.  The repair installation ran in "Maintenance Mode" and during the installation/repair of Visual Studio 2005, the same VSTO installation problem and error message occurred!

I also installed VSTO 2005 SE (vstor.exe) and the 'Package load' error messages still occur. I tried unsuccessfully to find a VSTO 2005 (not VSTO 2005 SE) download to see if this package would 'fix' this problem.

Are there any suggestions to fix this problem so that I can correct the 'deficiencies' in my Visual Studio VSTO installation? Thank you...Vaughn !:-)

• Changed type YiChun Chen Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:18 AM Do not follow up
    Monday, January 26, 2009 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Vaughn,

Could you please try to uninstall and then reinstall Visual Studio 2005 Team System? Before you try to reinstall it, please make sure that all files at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8 are removed.

More clarification with you. Did you install Visual Studio 2005 Team System from HDD or CD/DVD drive?

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:23 AM
  • Hi Vaughn,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:17 AM