none
Graphics requirements for Expression Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having considerable difficulty with EW operating properly on XPpro and Vista.  Have a chance to aquire new HP 8200 Elite desktop with 4Gb RAM and windows7.  Will the built in graphics handle Expression Studio's requirements for MS Direct X with Windows Vista Display Driver Model and pixel shader 3.0 in hardware out of the box, or will I have to add a graphics card? If so, which one?

Thanx

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:17 PM

All replies

• It's up to you to know the actual specs of the computer you are planning to get and see if it meets the system requirements.  If you don't know, ask on an HP forum or support area.

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Heh, heh... yeah, you're asking us whether the computer you are about to purchase has sufficient graphics horsepower to support EW. You know what EW's requirements are (you quoted them, and they can be found here). How are we supposed to know whether your proposed hardware purchase meets those requirements? Ask HP or read the specifications for your proposed hardware.

I will say this: I am running EW on a circa 2005 IBM ThinkPad running XP Pro with the stock graphics that came on the laptop. Draw your own conclusions... ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:48 PM
  • Just adding - XP and Vista have no problem running Expression.  If the specifics of your old PC' hardware don't make the grade, that's one thing, but it's not the OS's you were running that were the issue.
    Monday, December 10, 2012 10:18 PM
  • Intel graphics without a separate video card without any problems for the last 8 years. EW isn't graphics intensive. If your computer has enough capability to run Win 7 it has enough to run EW.

Heck, I've run EW on a netbook that shipped with XP that I had installed Win 7 Pro 32 bit on.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Monday, December 10, 2012 10:23 PM