none
ServiceModel Dll not getting identified in the project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VS 4.5. I am referring to "System.ServiceModel" in my project. but when i add the reference it is getting added. but in the project it is not getting identified. I am getting below error on compilation.

Type or namespace name "ServiceModel" doesnot exist in the namespace System(Are you missing an assemble reference)

Can anyone please help on this.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:20 PM

Answers

• Hi veenaa,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

According to your description, you got an error when you are compiling the project.

I think you just added the “using System.ServiceModel;” statement in the class file, but you don’t add the reference into the project really. To include System.ServiceModel namespace, we have to add reference to System.ServiceModel.

I would suggest you have a look at the MSDN document via the link below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wkze6zky%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

To save you some time, I will share some information here. You can try to follow the steps below to add a reference into the project.

To add a reference in Visual C#

l  In Solution Explorer, right-click the project node and click Add Reference.

l  In the Add Reference dialog box, select the tab indicating the type of component you want to reference.

l  Select the components you want to reference, and then click OK.

To add a reference in Visual Basic

l  In Solution Explorer, double-click the My Project node for the project.

l  In the Project Designer, click the References tab.

l  Click the Add button to open the Add Reference dialog box.

l  In the Add Reference dialog box, select the tab indicating the type of component you want to reference.

Please let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

If you have any question, just feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:49 AM

All replies

• Please post the specific code that is having issues.  Make sure that you have a using statement in your code for the namespace.  Additionally make sure that there are no types that might collide with System or ServiceModel namespaces.

Michael Taylor
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/p3net

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:25 PM
  • Hi veenaa,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

According to your description, you got an error when you are compiling the project.

I think you just added the “using System.ServiceModel;” statement in the class file, but you don’t add the reference into the project really. To include System.ServiceModel namespace, we have to add reference to System.ServiceModel.

I would suggest you have a look at the MSDN document via the link below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wkze6zky%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

To save you some time, I will share some information here. You can try to follow the steps below to add a reference into the project.

To add a reference in Visual C#

l  In Solution Explorer, right-click the project node and click Add Reference.

To add a reference in Visual Basic

l  In Solution Explorer, double-click the My Project node for the project.

l  In the Project Designer, click the References tab.

l  Click the Add button to open the Add Reference dialog box.

Please let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

If you have any question, just feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:49 AM