New App RRS feed

• Question

• In testing my web service using the browser, I can see my XML data response from the development environment on my development machine.  When I install the web service on a server and access via browser from my dev machine, the browser shows a message 'The test form is only available for requests from the local machine'.  Is this normal?

Also, does the Windows 6 mobile device emulator start with an internet connection?  I get a message 'Could not establish connection to network' from the command

results()

As Object = Me.Invoke("GetServiceCalls", New Object() {TechID})

Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:15 AM

Answers

• Technically your web service question is off topic in this forum.  But yes, that is a security measure.  The idea is the only reason a user would want to directly call a web services is because she or he is debugging it in which case the person has local access to the machine.  But the interface is not available to those accessing the service from another computer; those on other computers should only be accessing the web service indrectly through another application with a user interface that happens to use the web service.

The Windows Mobile 6 emulator is capable of connecting to the Internet.  Out of the box it doesn't connect though. There's several different ways to get it connected to the internet (such as docking it to Active Sync and then using the Active Sync connection or configuring the network adapter).

Joel Ivory Johnson
    • Proposed as answer by Joel Ivory Johnson Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by HowardW Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:46 AM
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:11 AM