none
Changes in workflow does not work. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

i use Visual Studio 2010, Sharepoint 2010 Beta and Project server 2010 beta.

I have created a simple workflow in VS2010, look like this.

ProjectSequence1

setProjectStage1

updateProjectStageStatus1

The first time i deploy the solution, everything works - i click "New project" and select the associated enterprise project the workflow starts and enter the right state.

If i click "Retract" the workflow from VS2010 and change the StageUid for "setProjectStage1" and "updateProjectStageStatus1" and then deploy the work. 

When i run the workflow again, its seems like nothing change, the workflow stats with the "StageUid"  that i used the first time a created the project in 2010.

The only workaround is to create a whole new project, every time a make a change.

help plz?

Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:06 PM

Answers

• try to reboot the entire server. that has worked fine for me. haven't tried to sort out why it doesnt work in any other way.
    /Tore
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:58 PM
  • You need to restart SharePoint Timer and Proj Server Queue services and IIS ( .bat)

sc stop SPTimerV4
    sc start SPTimerV4
    sc stop ProjectQueueService14
    sc start ProjectQueueService14
    iisreset

cheers!

Monday, April 26, 2010 1:52 PM

All replies

• Redeploying it will not affect currently running workflows. You need to use the restart or change existing workflow instances - check out the corresponding option under Server Settings - Workflow and EPTs.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:24 PM
  • Same resoult :(

If i restart the workflow, it still run with the first value for "setProjectStage1". And if i create a new project with the new deployed workflow, where i have changed the "setProjectStage1" - the change does not apply. 

Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:24 PM
  • try to reboot the entire server. that has worked fine for me. haven't tried to sort out why it doesnt work in any other way.
    /Tore
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:58 PM
  • You'r my guy Torn - thanks!!

But i hope some one find a more simple solution for this problem - it takes 4-5 mins to reboot every time i make a change.

Pleas someone? 

Friday, April 16, 2010 6:24 AM
  • Next time, try stopping and restarting the Project Queue Service. I think that this might do the trick, but I'm not sure. A full reboot should not be necessary for the system to pickup the change.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, April 16, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Has anyone found a solution to this !!!
    hamid
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Not yet :(
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:21 PM
  • You need to restart SharePoint Timer and Proj Server Queue services and IIS ( .bat)

sc stop SPTimerV4
    sc start SPTimerV4
    sc stop ProjectQueueService14
    sc start ProjectQueueService14
    iisreset

cheers!

Monday, April 26, 2010 1:52 PM