none
Basic Key Limits RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a whimsical app called dplore.com that allows users to place their Deplorable persona in a Bing Maps V8 Basket. In the highly improbable event that it went viral and a bunch of folks decided to leave their mark(er), what happens if my "basic key" cap is reached? Does the map just not load? In fact, I'm not even sure what that limit is. I saw it somewhere in the docs a while back... 

...with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence.

• Edited by BusDriverJim Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:01 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2016 10:58 PM

Answers

• The limits vary depending on the type of basic key. If you created a key for web apps using the bing maps portal the free limits' are 125,000 transactions a year. Not that when using and interactive map control and the built in services, it only generates one billable transaction when the map initially loads.

if you created a basic bing maps key through azure the free limit is 10,000 transactions a month.

if you exceed the limits, calls to the geocoding and routing services will be temporarily blocked or rate limited until enough time goes by for you to accure additional free transaction. The map control will load and show your data, but an error message will be displayed stating that a license is required.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, September 26, 2016 12:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by BusDriverJim Monday, September 26, 2016 12:43 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 12:25 AM

All replies

• The limits vary depending on the type of basic key. If you created a key for web apps using the bing maps portal the free limits' are 125,000 transactions a year. Not that when using and interactive map control and the built in services, it only generates one billable transaction when the map initially loads.

if you created a basic bing maps key through azure the free limit is 10,000 transactions a month.

if you exceed the limits, calls to the geocoding and routing services will be temporarily blocked or rate limited until enough time goes by for you to accure additional free transaction. The map control will load and show your data, but an error message will be displayed stating that a license is required.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, September 26, 2016 12:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by BusDriverJim Monday, September 26, 2016 12:43 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 12:25 AM
  • 125k a year is generous, and more than I thought. Thank's Ricky!

...with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence.

Monday, September 26, 2016 12:48 AM