Azure Storage Blob Data Retrieval

Question

• I am developing a Windows Store app, that retrieves data from a Storage Container Table, the issue is that I have property called startDate it is set to DateTime data type. Whenever the data is accessed all, the other data in the entity gets accessed, but the startDate is not retrieved, it is retrieved as null.    

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hi!

Did you check if the Storage Table actually has the value stored after your insert it? Sometimes if the table is expecting a DateTime and you are trying to insert one in a wrong format, it will null it. I would check with any Azure explorer (Codeplex Azure Storage Explorer for example) to ensure the data is there and check if the name of the attribute is correct.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:24 AM

All replies

• Do you mean startDate or startTime?  You mention one in your post and the other's in the bottom image.

Darin R.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Hi!

Did you check if the Storage Table actually has the value stored after your insert it? Sometimes if the table is expecting a DateTime and you are trying to insert one in a wrong format, it will null it. I would check with any Azure explorer (Codeplex Azure Storage Explorer for example) to ensure the data is there and check if the name of the attribute is correct.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:24 AM