Unable to locate system.data.entity RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with VS 2010 and ASP.Net 4.0.  I must be missing a library or reference because my VS 2010 cannot locate "System.Data.Entity".  Here is my declaration:

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Data.Linq;
    using System.Data.Entity;

namespace IVA_MVC3.Models
    {
      public class IntelliVoiceEntities
      {
      }
    }
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:49 PM

Answers

•  

You may need to add reference to System.Data.Entity.dll: right-click the Reference node of your project form Solution Explorer, select Add Reference, on the pop up dialog, navigate to .NET tab, choose System.Data.Entity from the Component Name listbox.

By the way, the System.Data.Entity.dll can be found at "C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0"

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Adavesh Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by eryang Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:54 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:21 AM

All replies

• In the Visual Studio 2010 PowerTools there is a handy reference dialog that allows you to search for references if you are not sure where to look.  Please see this article for more details:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/06/09/visual-studio-2010-productivity-power-tool-extensions.aspx

All the best,

Roger

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:49 PM
  •  

You may need to add reference to System.Data.Entity.dll: right-click the Reference node of your project form Solution Explorer, select Add Reference, on the pop up dialog, navigate to .NET tab, choose System.Data.Entity from the Component Name listbox.

By the way, the System.Data.Entity.dll can be found at "C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0"

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Adavesh Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by eryang Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:54 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:21 AM
  • I had same problem, this solved it for me, thank you.
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:28 PM