Deploy Web site to Dedicated Server and set up SQL Management Studio, ASPNETDB.mdf RRS feed

• Question

• User562000252 posted

Hi All

I have a problem with a web site i wish to publish to my dedicated server. I have installed SQL Management Studio and SQL 2005 onto the Server.

Within the web app i am using the ASP.NET configuration manager and taking advantage of its built in Membership functionalty. When i run the web site locally within Visual Studio i can access the database and the whole web site works great, this is granted using the visual studios built in virtual web server, but when i pubish the web site and upload it to the wwwroot of the dedicated server i get an error when trying to login, i.e. talking to the ASPNETDB.mdf database.

Now i have tried opening SQL Management Studio and navigating to the ASPNETDB.mdf in the app_data folder of my web site but it will not allow me to attatch it in SQL Management Studio.

I am unsure what steps i should be taking to configure all this, does any body know of a walkthrough or tutorial where it tells you step by step what to do even down to changing the connection string in the web config??

Any help would be greaftfully apreciated

Thanks in Advance

Neil.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:17 PM

Answers