t-shooting help RRS feed

• Question

• User-125499312 posted

<g class="gr_ gr_35 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="35" data-gr-id="35">i</g> have a web that has an error - it shows as a javascript popup cannot convert <g class="gr_ gr_67 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="67" data-gr-id="67">""</g> to double

how to <g class="gr_ gr_116 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="116" data-gr-id="116">i</g> find the error in the page behind code?

thx for ur help

Monday, October 22, 2018 8:50 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

i have a web that has an error - it shows as a javascript popup cannot convert "" to double

how to i find the error in the page behind code?

Usually, these error have a lot more information like the line of code that caused the error unless you have custom error handlers.

Anyway, you must know what page you were accessing when the error popped up.  So start with that page and look for code that converts a value to a double.  If this is a custom error the do a find for the string "to double" or "cannot convert" in the code behind.  

Monday, October 22, 2018 9:04 PM