Need help with this unruly ASPX RRS feed

• Question

• User-1168192436 posted

I'm ok with ASP not great but I get by, but I'm baffled by this bugger <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "qty") %>. The qty shows the quantity of the product in my web store that runs on PDshop. What I need to do is be able to evaluate the qty somthing like this:

<% if qty < 1 then %>

Do something 

<% end if %>

Thank you for any and all help. :) 

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:48 AM

All replies

• User2103319870 posted

What I need to do is be able to evaluate the qty somthing like this:

<% if qty < 1 then %>

Do something 

<% end if %>

You could use Conditional Operator like below

<asp:Label ID="lblFirstName" runat="server" Text='<%#(DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.qty").ToString()=="0") ? "Value is Zero":DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.qty")%>'></asp:Label>

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:23 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Slee The Sloth,

If you'd like to use IF ELSE condition in TemplateField (ItemTemplate), you can try:

In C#:

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="QTY">
        <ItemTemplate>
            <asp:Label Text='<%# Convert.ToInt32(Eval("qty")) < 1 ? "qty is less than 1" : Eval("qty") %>'
                runat="server" />
        </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>

In VB.NET:

<ItemTemplate>
            <asp:Label Text='<%# If(Eval("qty") < 1, "qty is less than 1", Eval("qty")) %>' runat="server" />
        </ItemTemplate>

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:54 AM
  • User-1168192436 posted

Thank you guys! This is great. I have one last question, is there a way I can use the VB.NET version from Fei Han, can I set a regular ASP variable that can be used in <% here %> instead of just writing " qty is less than 1 " on the screen?  Or can I make it display an image instead of the text?

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:12 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Slee The Sloth,

can I set a regular ASP variable that can be used in <% here %> instead of just writing " qty is less than 1 " on the screen?

You can refer to the following code snippet:

<ItemTemplate>
            <span style='<%# If(Eval("Order") > 1, "visibility:visible", "visibility:hidden") %>'><%=testval %></span>
        </ItemTemplate>

In code behind:

Public testval As String = "test variable"

Or can I make it display an image instead of the text?

If you want to deal with complex code logic, I recommend that you can achieve it from code behind in data control's OnRowDataBound event.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:40 AM