DAO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my VC++ project, I use afxdao.h in which I mentioned the GUIDs of dao. Now I changed the .mdb file to .accdb file. It works fine  (both with mdb and accdb) for me if I test in a machine in which Office 2010 is installed . But it fails to work in the other machine where Office is not installed but only the  "Microsoft Access database Engine 2010 Redistributable" is installed (mdb is working in this machine but accdb is not) .    In our customer's system, we cant install Office 2010, we can install "Microsoft Access database Engine 2010 Redistributable" only. I need to know how can we use with accdb format if only "Microsoft Access database Engine 2010 Redistributable" is installed. Any help is appreciated.

Monday, June 9, 2014 7:56 AM

All replies

• Have you checked that you can create an ODBC connection with the same parameters on the customer system? If that checks out, have you verified you aren't trying to link against Office in your build? Some more detail about the error here would help. Also, I recommend you try to make a VM that replicates the customer environment to test your builds before they go to the customer.

KeepMyIdentities, Your Key to Password Security. Available now on the Windows Store: http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-US/app/keepmyidentities/61a9f340-97ac-4666-beab-39f9246cb6fa

Monday, June 9, 2014 11:20 PM
  • I could create a ODBC connection for the same database (I selected the accdb database file from the folder in Control Panel ODBC option).  The Datasource is created in UserDSN tab. But I couldn't test the connection as we do with Sql server connection. 

Friday, June 13, 2014 1:03 PM