Featured app with old (wrong) name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My apps have been featured by the store 4 times since I uploaded them and I'm glad of it. 

But the name of the app is still the old name "LANG NEUTRAL APP TITLE". That name was the first one, a mistake I fixed with an update, the name of my apps on the store are correct but when they are featured the old ugly wrong name always appear. 

Is there a way that the name of my apps (I will change the name of them in a future big update) are correctly bind to the names that are showed when they are featured ?

This problem nullifies the effectiveness of the promotion of my app on the store and lower the quality of the store for the users. I already have reply to all microsfts' mail telling me that my app will be featured about this problem without any answer.

Regards 

Free cars and Free Bikes paid and free id :

312d696f-af03-4f2c-8e5e-c1eb1eb7116e

ff1158c2-9d42-4933-bb34-8cee6a1b6a46

fc909d6c-1b88-4c63-a7f4-7902e84cf06c

bf1f27f2-1b14-4456-a9d3-b840e62885c5

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:04 PM

Answers

• After several mail exchange it seems that the issue was on Microsoft Servers wich did not update the app title since the first version for the featuring.

The name has been manualy updated by support team and the issue can now be closed. 

Thanks to Microsoft support team !

• Marked as answer by Thierry.T Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:41 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hello Thierry,

Please open a support request with developer support and then post the SR # so I can look into this for you.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:51 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks you for looking into my problem.

The SR id is 1216806575I have put the same explanation as here-above. Do not hesitate if you need more info.

I have followed the msdn tutorial about app and apptitle localization and I have fixe my initial mistake with correct app title in AppResLib.dll instead of the default LANG NEUTRAL APP TITLE. This has corrected the name of the apps in the store but not when they are featured.

Regards.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:24 AM
  • After several mail exchange it seems that the issue was on Microsoft Servers wich did not update the app title since the first version for the featuring.

The name has been manualy updated by support team and the issue can now be closed. 

Thanks to Microsoft support team !

• Marked as answer by Thierry.T Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:41 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:41 AM