Sample Enterprise Application for implementing globalized Web application using ASP.NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Can somebody point me to an Architectural Blueprint (Sample Starter Kit,Code sample or Documentation ) to Implement Globalized (for Differentl langauages like English,French,German etc..) Web Application using ASP.NET .
    Nag.NET
    • Edited by Nag.NET Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:13 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:25 PM

All replies

• The reason that you haven't got any responses, is largely because this isn't really architecture, it's more a .NET language feature.  If you look at resource files, Culture objects, and how those associate with threads, this will quite probably give you the answer.  I am sure that google will give you some great examples.

You effectively need to get the correct culture then set your resources to use that, never assume anything, especially in terms of currency formatting, number formatting ,date formatting, resource strings, even reading direction for text. You will also need to look into what you need to do to support double byte characters, as found in the Asian alphabet.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

MCSD, MCTS, MCPD. Please mark my post as helpful if you find the information good!
    Friday, July 17, 2009 9:47 AM
  • Martin,
    Thanks for the response.Yes ,  may be i  did not put my question properly.i  saw there are several ways of implementing this globalization using resource files or storing the resource data in Database. Wondering which one would be the efficient way. because my users want to add and edit the resource data.so if i use resource file can i  create a UI to add and edit the resource data or database is the only option?.

Nag.NET
    Friday, July 17, 2009 1:19 PM