Invoice example RRS feed

• Question

• User1481030129 posted

Hi,

I'm currently looking for an invoice example made within Webmatrix. Does anyone have example or could help me in how I could setup an invoice and for which I can export the invoice to a PDF file?

Any assistance regarding the tables would also be appreciated. For the moment I created the following tables: tblInvoices, tblOrder_Detail, tblOrderLine_Items.

Thank you all for your support!
    Bartvn

Sunday, June 26, 2016 5:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• User379720387 posted

Creating a pdf can be done with iTextSharp.

Mikesdotnetting.com has a whole array of tutorials. This one is for a pdf created from a webgrid:

http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/article/205/exporting-the-razor-webgrid-to-pdf-using-itextsharp

In this scenario the user would drive the creation of the invoice and be prompted to save.  Creating something that looks like an invoice is tedious. I have never attempted to create a pdf invoice to be send as an attachment.

In my application I create a html invoice on the fly, which then gets sent by email. That leave something to be desired as well.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 7:46 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI bartvn,

To create invoice in WebMatrix, here are some suggestions and ideas:

HOW TO CREATE AN INVOICE IN WEBMATRIX

Regards,

Angie

Monday, June 27, 2016 7:47 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

Creating something that looks like an invoice is tedious.
    You'd only have to do it once, but yes, it can be tedious.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:26 AM
  • User1481030129 posted
    Hello Wavemaster,

Thank you for your reply.
    Would it be possible to share your example or have some code examples so that I could start with?

I used a part of the instructions from Mike his website and I'm able to generate the PDF export from the grid view, but I don't have an idea where to start with the invoice.

Thank you for your support!!

Best regards,
    Bartvn
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:27 PM
  • User379720387 posted

This is the place to go:  http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article/86/iTextSharp-Introducing-Tables

do a search for iTextSharp on that site to find the other tutorials.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 1, 2016 12:07 AM