none
Joint rotation work arounds RRS feed

• Question

• Hey folks, I was wondering if anybody knows of any work arounds for getting joint rotation information, for example for rotating the head to face 90 degrees left and right?

My assumption is that joint rotation is not currently possible but incase I am missing a trick I thought i'd ask :) 

Thanks a lot

David.

Monday, October 3, 2011 12:39 PM

All replies

• There is no joint rotation information available from Kinect SDK Beta 1, unfortunately, so the best you can do for now is to try to infer rotations from skeleton joint positions.

Sorry!
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:44 PM
  • Would that mean, for example, using the position of the hand joint moving a slight amount to create rotation information?

Also, what are the chances of joint rotation being included in to Kinect SDKs in the future? not looking for a date or anything, more wondering if you think it would be possible for the current technology.

Helpful as always Eddy! cheers!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:54 AM
  • Yes, to get elbow rotation, for example, you could determine angle between shoulder-to-elbow segment and elbow-to-wrist segment

Current hardware imposes no limitation in this respect, but I can't discuss details of future plans at this point.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:21 PM