none
i wanna Help RRS feed

• General discussion

• i intend to develop a windows store app. acts like a personal trainer so i need some help to understand the sequence of the work? my problem is that i'm such a beginner in programming and i don't know how to use the kinect to develop such an app
    i learned about how to use visual gesture builder and how to record gesture and create data base but i don't know how to use this database in my application after i create it?? 
    Saturday, February 28, 2015 11:00 PM

All replies

• There is a VGB Sample in Kinect SDK Browser, try that , so basically what it does it retrieve the Gestures from the Database and put them in a List and through your application it compares them with the Skeleton on real time and if it finds the closest match it can execute whatever command you want , in the Browser example it is the seated one i think if i remember correctly. 

Vuyiswa Maseko

Monday, March 2, 2015 8:07 AM
  • If you are new to programming I would recommend you to start with some tutorial about the development model you have chosen (you can use several languages for building windows store apps, you will have to chose one). It will be easier if you learn some basic topics before moving into the Kinect SDK.

When you are more comfortable with that, I would have a look at the SDK sample Vuyiswa recommended.

Monday, March 2, 2015 8:53 AM