Adding new features from Extended CS to existing Club Site instance? RRS feed

• Question

• User-292925539 posted

I've already got a sample site up using the Club Site Starter Kit - with some customization. I recently downloaded the the Extended Club Site Starter Kit (created by Brendon Schwartz.)

Anyone have any suggestions/guidelines to adding the changes (only) from the Extended version to an existing instance of the Club Site? I don't want to lose all of the changes I made, so I guess I'm being lazy.I have to play around with it, but I'm guessing there will be some changes to the database, as well as some file permissions, in addition to uploading the new files.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thursday, November 2, 2006 12:44 PM

All replies

• User1416329745 posted

Here is the link to the live site if  you stay there long enough you will see the original in there so I think it will easier to download the new one move your existing modified pages into this to do full development because what you are running is still in there, I know I saw it.  Hope this helps.

http://www.freetraining123.com/starterkit/

Thursday, November 2, 2006 1:34 PM
  • User1275632693 posted

Retrofitting code is never a good idea, have not looked at the extended kit just yet as I had to reinstall my OS and rebuild my machine so I lost all the changes I had made to the kit personally as well. Let me know if you had any luck with this project.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:14 AM
  • User2069888697 posted

Hey Angelo,

I like you have been absent, I hope to get back to it now that real work has slowed down a little.  I am curious about the Extended Kit, I have not had the time to install it myself, but I posted a poll on my site 3 months ago and have received only one vote. 

I have however received dozens of emails requesting the Web Admin feature I did and my membership has gone from 82 to 148 since it was last available.(I removed the old version due to to many godaddy user issues)

I plan to finish the Web Admin for the original version first, but if you do get the Extended version working I would value your feedback. 

Sunday, January 7, 2007 9:04 AM
  • User1275632693 posted

Hi Frank,

Well I installed the new extended kit but there is a VS 3.0 Beta that will be out soon. I have a feeling they want to go with major releases that encapsulate all the changes as opposed to applying alot of minor patches.

I found a few issues with the extended kit but they are supposedly addressed in the VS3.0 Beta, so I will have to wait  and see.

At this point I don't know what to think anymore?  Is the old kit dead all together or are we going to see a split in the community?

And of course couple this with the new Visual Studio 2008 and Net Framework Beta and you have the makings of chaos.

LOL

Friday, July 27, 2007 2:57 PM