none
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a pc game player.  About a week ago, I installed Caesar IV.  Have been playing the game every night for an hour or so until Friday. Turned off my computer, but noticed that an update was scheduled.  The update was "

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)". 
    So the update took place and my computer turned itself off.  Saturday when I turned on my computer it ran slower then usual.  Then when I tried to run Caesar IV, the program started, but then froze and i was returned to my desktop. 

Now nothing else changed on my computer.  I went to my add/remove programs and the only program that was added on Friday was this
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806).

Now I am not, by any stretch savvy with computer technologies.  Today, I went out and bought another game, loaded it (different game, different vendor) and got a critcal error.

I believe the cause of my problems is
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806).

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks.

Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pak 2

Compaq
    Presario
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+
    2.1 Ghz 1.50 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon 9600 Series (driver update 9/28/07)

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN forums

Specify the critical error that your get.

HTH,
    Suprotim Agarwal

-----
    http://www.dotnetcurry.com
    http://www.sqlservercurry.com
    -----

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:36 AM
  •  

Hello.

I do not get to see any errors.  In the case of both games, the game starts to load, the screen flickers to black, as if loading, then I hear an error tone and the screen goes back to my desktop.  For the game "Civ City" I see the tab at the bottom of my desktop for the game (as if the game were open) and a message saying Critical Error.  But, I can't click on the game tab or see any more detail about the error.

Remember that in the case of the Caesar IV game, I was playing the game prior to Friday.

I really need some help.

Thanks

Bob

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:49 PM