none
Web Photo Album - Best Practise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
        I need to implement an album module to my new web site. Can somebody explain to me, the best practices in implementing a Web Photo Album in .NET. I would like to know about, how to maintain the folder for the albums etc. I know that there is a practise of creating folders from a - z and then creating sub folders in these folders. If somebody has done a similar kind of thing, can you explain how you implemented this.

Thanks In Advance,
    Joe.

Monday, July 23, 2007 1:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe, have you checked out the ASP.NET Personal Web Site starter kit?  It has a photo album implementation.  That said, given the immense number of photo album implementations out there, it seems like you'd be better off just using one of the existing ones than creating another one for yourself.  I like flickr (and it seems to be very popular), but there are many others.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 5:10 PM

All replies

• Sorry for short reply... check out Web Parts
    Monday, July 23, 2007 1:14 PM
  • Hi Joe, have you checked out the ASP.NET Personal Web Site starter kit?  It has a photo album implementation.  That said, given the immense number of photo album implementations out there, it seems like you'd be better off just using one of the existing ones than creating another one for yourself.  I like flickr (and it seems to be very popular), but there are many others.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 5:10 PM