Shared Cache unavailable in North Central US? RRS feed

• Question

• It looks like the Shared Cache service may be down in the North Central US region. All of my VMs are hanging when they try to connect to it. I'm also getting hangs when I try it from my desktop machine. Note that the VMs were able to connect earlier today and have not been updated at all, so I don't think it could be a problem on my end. 

I see that there's a degradation of the ACS service currently. Is that perhaps related? Doesn't Shared Cache use ACS to authenticate? 

Sample error:

ErrorCode<ERRCA0017>:SubStatus<ES0006>:There is a temporary failure. Please retry later. (One or more specified cache servers are unavailable, which could be caused by busy network or servers. For on-premises cache clusters, also verify the following conditions. Ensure that security permission has been granted for this client account, and check that the AppFabric Caching Service is allowed through the firewall on all cache hosts. Also the MaxBufferSize on the server must be greater than or equal to the serialized object size sent from the client.)

I'm configuring the cache in code. Here is the relevant section:

cacheConfig.SecurityProperties = new DataCacheSecurity(config.AuthToken, config.UseSSL); 

cacheConfig.Servers = new DataCacheServerEndpoint[] { new DataCacheServerEndpoint(config.HostName, cachePort) }; 
    cacheConfig.RequestTimeout = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(1);        cacheConfig.ChannelOpenTimeout = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(45);
    cacheConfig.MaxConnectionsToServer = config.MaxConnections;  
    cacheConfig.TransportProperties.ReceiveTimeout = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(30);            
    cacheConfig.TransportProperties.ChannelInitializationTimeout = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(10);

Note that the client does not seem to be respecting any of the timeouts - it's trying to connect for at least 90 seconds before timing out. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:20 AM

Answers

• Seems to be resolved now, at about the same time that the ACS issue was resolved. So I think that answers the question. 
    • Marked as answer by Dino He Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:07 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:18 AM

All replies

• Seems to be resolved now, at about the same time that the ACS issue was resolved. So I think that answers the question. 
    • Marked as answer by Dino He Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:07 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:18 AM
  • HI

Glad to here you resolve the problem.

Dino He
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:56 AM