none
Deploying an Outlook add-in without hosting Web App on IIS RRS feed

• Question

• I recently developed an outlook web add-in and while deploying via file i.e. select the plus sign and select Add from file it gives me an error ~remoteAppUrl/... isn't correctly formated URL. I don't want to host the web app on a separate IIS web server and replace the ~remoteAppUrl with hosted URL. Is it possible via file server? i.e. I place the Web App files on the mail server and manifest file translates ~remoteAppUrl as to the file server directory. 

Is it necessary to host the Web App as independent application as it also contains MVC controllers.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:02 PM

All replies

• check your inbox, i have sent you the solution i tried. 
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:15 PM
  • Hi Faisal G,

To use Outlook Web App (OWA) to install an Outlook add-in, follow these steps:

1. Browse to the OWA URL for your organization or Outlook.com and login.

2. Choose the gear icon in the upper-right corner and choose Manage add-ins.

3. Select the plus sign ( +) to add a new add-in.

4. From the drop-down list, select Add from file, assuming you have stored the manifest on a local folder.

5. Browse to the file path of the manifest, and then select Install.

6. Select the user name in the upper-right corner of the window and select My Mail to switch to your email to test the add-in.

Reference:

Deploy and install Outlook add-ins for testing

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 8:49 AM