How come apply business rules isn't enough to make my now non-duplicate member to validate successfully? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

MDS 2012 RC0.

I've created and published a business rule with a unique action on a couple of attributes in combination. The name attribute is NOT included in the rule.

When creating member #1 using Web UI or Excel Add-In, the record passes validation successfully.

When creating member #2 with identical duplicate attribute values as member #1 it fails validation.

Thereafter I apply rules 'to all' and record #1 still validate successfully and record #2 doesn't.

When editing and saving the name attribute of record #1 it fails validatation and I've two failed records.

Thereafter I delete member #2 and apply rules 'to all' and record #1 still fails.

But when editing the name attribute of record #1 and saving it passes validatation.

How come apply business rules isn't enough to make my now non-duplicate member to validate successfully?

What's the difference between clicking OK in the edit member pane and apply rules to all members?

Best regards Magnus Wernersson

Magnus Wernersson
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 11:29 AM

Answers