none
Q4: Creating a combined chart in code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

I'm trying to create a chart in my AddIn (C#, COM - not VSTO). This chart has several series that may be of different types (i.e. column and line). And I have the data for each individual series held separately, even though several series may have the same X axis data points. 

And a corollary to Q3, if one series is missing an X value another has in it, is that a problem? For example, I'm graphing sales per day for stores and one store is closed Mondays and therefore has no number for that day. (It's XML data so it's not a null or 0, the data just doesn't exist.)

thanks - dave

Question broken out as requested by Bruce Dai. Bruce, if the above is not sufficient, please tell me what more you need for clarification.

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Thursday, October 25, 2018 12:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

>>Do you mean empty?

Sorry, my mistake. I mean empty.

>>Second, how important is this? My concern is if I inject additional data points, then the user (this is for a library that many people use) will end up with additional data points.

It's empty, I think there may not be any extra data points. 

Or you can try adding a status that determines the opening of the store, True or False. This is my suggestion.

Hopefully it helps you.

Best Regards,

Lina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Wednesday, October 31, 2018 1:18 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

>>if one series is missing an X value another has in it, is that a problem?

According to your description, I suggest that you can justice when you get the data, if there is no number for specific day you want,  an you can set the value to null.

If you have any update, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Lina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Edited by Lina-MSFT Friday, October 26, 2018 5:37 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 3:31 AM
  • Hi Luna;

Two questions about this. First, an Excel cell doesn't have the concept of null. It can be empty, but it can't be null. Do you mean empty?

Second, how important is this? My concern is if I inject additional data points, then the user (this is for a library that many people use) will end up with additional data points.

??? - thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Friday, October 26, 2018 2:40 PM
  • Hi Dave,

>>Do you mean empty?

Sorry, my mistake. I mean empty.

>>Second, how important is this? My concern is if I inject additional data points, then the user (this is for a library that many people use) will end up with additional data points.

It's empty, I think there may not be any extra data points. 

Or you can try adding a status that determines the opening of the store, True or False. This is my suggestion.

Hopefully it helps you.

Best Regards,

Lina

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Wednesday, October 31, 2018 1:18 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for your asking. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped and please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know.

I wish you a happy life!

Best Regards,

Lina

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:35 AM