Client windows machine user login details RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please help me to get the C# code for getting the client machine logged In userID details (UserID only-mostly windows clients) when the client accessing my website (Intranet or internet). 

Regards,

Sujith

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:42 AM

Answers

• Yes, it is, but only if the user is authenticating to the site with integrated windows authentication with anonymous access turned off.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Proposed as answer by Mike Feng Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Feng Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:46 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:47 PM

All replies

• The only detail from the client you can get is the IP address and the HTTP header parameters, any other info is a security issue.  Any additional info you would have to setup a user account for your users and have the users manually give you the info.

jdweng

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:38 PM
  • Hi ,

Thank you for your quick response. Is it possible in Intranet connection (in an office or work group)?

Thanks and Regards,

Sujith

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:53 PM
  • You can't do it with a webpage.  The USERID is part of a HTTP connection.  You would need to setup a WCF Service.  The service can contain a webpage.

jdweng

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:23 PM
  • Hi,

How can i do this with WCF service, can you give me the procedure (flow)?

Thanks and Regards,

sujith

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:40 PM
  • Yes, it is, but only if the user is authenticating to the site with integrated windows authentication with anonymous access turned off.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Proposed as answer by Mike Feng Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Feng Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:46 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:47 PM