DownloadOperation::StartAsync raises exception 0x80070057

Question

• Hi,

When does DownloadOperation::StartAsync raise exception 0x80070057? it happens occasionally, when retry with the same input parameter, it is ok. What could cause the exception?

Thanks

Rob

rob qqq

Monday, December 17, 2012 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Would you please provide us the whole codes to reproduce this issue,

You can upload your project to SkyDrive
    http://skydrive.live.com/

It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

If you don't want to upload the sample code, you can try to get the paid support from https://getsupport.microsoft.com/

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 21, 2012 2:11 AM
  • I guess this happens when Network is very busy.

I need time to move the code out of big project. In the meantime, please talk to MS developer in what case this exception throws?  MSDN does not mention any exception for this API call. 

rob qqq

Friday, December 21, 2012 9:51 PM
  • Hi,

I have searched head files, and found it maybe
    E_INVALIDARG( One or more arguments are invalid ) in winerror.h
    Or
    COR_E_ARGUMENT(An argument does not meet the contract of the method) in corerror.h

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 24, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Like i mentioned in beginning, "when retry with the same input parameter", it is ok. so the exception is confusing.

rob qqq

Monday, December 24, 2012 7:14 PM