none
Assigning a static IP or a subnet to Azure SQL Data Warehouse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to ask my network administrators to allow me to connect to my Azure SQL DW. My question is: Can one assign a static IP address/subnet to the DW and is there any specific port that I can tell my network admins to allow outbound connections to?

If not, what would be a work around? My network admins cannot allow outbound connections to just any port/IP.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ammar

Friday, February 19, 2016 10:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Ammar,

Can you try making the connection using the fully qualified DNS name (FQDN) rather than an IP address. The port should be 1433. The IP address of your logical server is not static and is subject to change at any time and assigning a static IP address is not supported.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Ammar,

Can you try making the connection using the fully qualified DNS name (FQDN) rather than an IP address. The port should be 1433. The IP address of your logical server is not static and is subject to change at any time and assigning a static IP address is not supported.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:30 PM
  • It's been a few years. Is this answer still true? Given the information at the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-connectivity-architecture#connectivity-from-outside-of-azure

It looks possible to connect to a few static public IPs. 

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:36 PM