none
Error in Platform builder (WinCE 5.0) debug build: Not able to find "Kern.exe" in the directory. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I facing problem while building the platform in debug mode.

Before explain the problem let me tell you my understanding: - When we build the platform for the debug image, the 1st step is debug mode will copy all the driver and kernel related DLLs and EXEs to the target platform; then, the DLLs and EXEs will be copied to the release directory along with other files and "make run time image" will make the Runtime image (NK.bin).

My settings:- I have selected form Build OS menu -> set active configuration as -> debug. Copy files to release directory is selected and make runtime image after the build is also selected.

Now the problem is: - When I’m doing “build and sysgen” the debug DLLs and EXEs is NOT getting generated in “PLATFORM” -> “Target”. So, its failing to copy the files to the “release directory (which is already selected)”.

Hence Error : - Not able to find “kern.exe” in the directory.

To clear this error I changed the “setenv” file like following:

REM Set WINCE build flags

set WINCEDEBUG=release //This changed to debug i.e. set WINCEDEBUG=debug

set WINCEMAP=1

set WINCECOD= set

WINCEREL=1 // This left blank i.e. set WINCEREL=

But, I’m getting same error. Can you please advice where I’m going wrong? Do I need to set any environment variable or do any other steps? If, I have to set Environment variable, how should I set this??

Note : Release build is working fine. I’m able to get release NK.Bin.

Regards, Jyotiranjan.

Jyotiranjan
    • Moved by Sean LimingMVP Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:41 PM WinCE Question
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:46 AM

All replies