How to Debug Silverlight project? Expression Blend or VS2008? RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, Microsoft released Expression Blend 2.5 March 2008, it certainly an improvement in term of controls. However how can I debug? on Expression Blend or VS2008?

For example

Using Expression Blend 2.5 and VS 2008, I created a form which includes button and fields. Can someone please tell me how can set break point and start my debug? Also I noticed that in Expression Blend 2.5, it didn’t give you the .html and _html.js files when creating a new project, only in the default.html file is found in the bin\Debug folder.

Thank you,

Han Duong Application Developer at livePoint SharePoint Solutions

• Edited by Han Duong Friday, March 7, 2008 12:14 AM my signature
    • Moved by Anna Ullrich Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8:24 PM debug
    Friday, March 7, 2008 12:13 AM

Answers

• This is so helpful, I attended the Readify Developer Network (RDN) in Sydney last night and the presenter pointed out for me that I need to upgrade my Silverlight SDK. I did it then Bob’s your uncle
    • Edited by Han Duong Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:01 AM correction
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:12 AM

All replies

• If you are seriously trying to debug, I would aim for Visual Studio 2008, as you have quite a few more "tools" in your hands.

-- Greg
    Think outside the box
    Monday, March 10, 2008 7:45 PM
  • This is so helpful, I attended the Readify Developer Network (RDN) in Sydney last night and the presenter pointed out for me that I need to upgrade my Silverlight SDK. I did it then Bob’s your uncle
    • Edited by Han Duong Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:01 AM correction
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:12 AM