asp.net resources and config files RRS feed

• Question

• Say I have a string in a resource file, we'll call it TestKey with a value of TestValue.

Is there a way to overwrite this in the web.config file?

I.e. The default deployed value is TestValue, but say we needed to change it to TestValue123 while in production.

I remember doing something similar for another project but can't recall.

Thanks!

• Moved by Paul Zhou Monday, October 17, 2011 7:25 AM (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, I'd like to move your thread to off-topic because it is a problem related to ASP.NET. You may post thread in ASP.NET Forum. There are more experts in that forum so that you may get more useful help there.

Thank you for your posting and understanding.

Have a nice day.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 17, 2011 7:25 AM

All replies

• Ah, so I was thinking about settings files not resource files.

But is it still possible to overwrite strings in the resource files via the web.config?

Thanks

Friday, October 14, 2011 1:08 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, I'd like to move your thread to off-topic because it is a problem related to ASP.NET. You may post thread in ASP.NET Forum. There are more experts in that forum so that you may get more useful help there.

Thank you for your posting and understanding.

Have a nice day.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 17, 2011 7:25 AM