none
Azman and ADAM for Roles Management RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

While configuring the application to use ADAM roles , I am getting "Insufficient access rights exceptions" . I have configured Azman (Authorization Manager) and ADAM as per various msdn blogs, I have also added current user to "Readers Group"in ADAM.

I also note in Authorization manager when I am trying to open "Authorization Store" by providing LDAP connection string , It still throws the same error "Cannot Open Authorization Store, Insufficient Rights to perform the operation".

Please let me any inputs on above problem !!

Regards,
    Bhavna
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:14 PM

All replies

• I'm going to ask the obvious question.  Are you specfying the correct credentials to gain access to the LDAP store?  I guess the easy way to find out would be to use a third party free tool to connect to LDAP with your credentials, and make sure that works first?

Martin.

MCSD, MCTS, MCPD. Please mark my post as helpful if you find the information good!
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:09 PM
  • It seems that connection is being made through my local system Login ID and Password, my LDAP connection also has some set of users defined however Role manager section of web.config does'nt let me insert a connectionUserName and Connection Password.

Is there a way to insert Connection User name and Password [Different from my local System userID / password] in role manager section of config file ???

Regards,
    Bhavna

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:59 AM
  • Hello Martin,

I ran AzMan.msc as different user. This user is a part of the "administrator" group in the default "roles" container.

I created a new container with the name mystore so in all the the ldap path becomes msldap://dc:50000/CN=mystore,DC=red,DC=com

i get the following:

---------------------------
    Authorization Manager
    Cannot open the authorization store. The following problem occurred: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation.
    OK   

Any ideas. Do i need to explicitly specify any kind of ACL on the container?

Thanks in advance

:) 

Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:55 AM