none
c# Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Can i include dot net to my setup files? so when i distribute the application to the computers that has no dotnet application
    it will automatically installed then the application after..

thanks in advance
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi IconMan888,

You can include .NET Framework package with your application installer.

As far as I know, Visual Studio can help developer to automatically install the prerequisite prior to the application.

For ClickOnce, please right click your project >> go to Properties >> Publish tab >> click "Prerequisites....".
    For setup project, please right click your setup project >> go to Properties >> click "Prerequisites....".

In the Prerequisites dialog box, you can select .NET Framework you want to deploy and choose:

- If you want to deploy the installers for the prerequisites to a vendor (Microsoft), click Download prerequisites from the component vendor's web site.
    - If you want to deploy the installers for the prerequisites to the same location as your application installer, click Download prerequisites from the same location as my application.
    - If you want to deploy the installers for the prerequisites to a different location, click Download prerequisites from the following location and enter a local path, URL, or file-share location.
    (You must make sure that the installers for the prerequisites have been copied to the specified location with a subfolder for each prerequisite.)

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:22 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:12 AM

All replies

• Hi IconMan888,

You can include .NET Framework package with your application installer.

As far as I know, Visual Studio can help developer to automatically install the prerequisite prior to the application.

For ClickOnce, please right click your project >> go to Properties >> Publish tab >> click "Prerequisites....".
    For setup project, please right click your setup project >> go to Properties >> click "Prerequisites....".

In the Prerequisites dialog box, you can select .NET Framework you want to deploy and choose:

- If you want to deploy the installers for the prerequisites to a vendor (Microsoft), click Download prerequisites from the component vendor's web site.
    - If you want to deploy the installers for the prerequisites to the same location as your application installer, click Download prerequisites from the same location as my application.
    - If you want to deploy the installers for the prerequisites to a different location, click Download prerequisites from the following location and enter a local path, URL, or file-share location.
    (You must make sure that the installers for the prerequisites have been copied to the specified location with a subfolder for each prerequisite.)

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:22 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:12 AM
  • thaks fro the reply..i really appriciate it..
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:05 AM
  • Hi IconMan888,

It's my pleasure. :)

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:21 AM