Update sql database on onbeforeunload RRS feed

• Question

• User-308135108 posted

Hi Guys,

i have a page where a user enters a lot of information and what i would like to do is automatically update whatever they've entered into the a sql database whenever they navigate away from the page or close the browser.

i tried using sqlMyDataSource.Update() on page.Unload, and sqlMyDataSource.Update() in window.onbeforeunload in javascript but both didnt work.

Not sure what else i can do. Can i please get some help with this?

Thanks

Adkar

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:03 AM

Answers

• User2128666432 posted

My assumption is that they placing all this information into a form. After they are down have them submit and then send them away from the page. Thats my logical guess at least, i could be worse. If they fill the page half way and decide to stop and go else where wouldnt it be a problem updating the DB with only half a page of data?? Let me know if i'm wrong with my assumption

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:50 PM

All replies

• User2128666432 posted

My assumption is that they placing all this information into a form. After they are down have them submit and then send them away from the page. Thats my logical guess at least, i could be worse. If they fill the page half way and decide to stop and go else where wouldnt it be a problem updating the DB with only half a page of data?? Let me know if i'm wrong with my assumption

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:50 PM
  • User3866881 posted

Hello OP:)

In my mind, I think you can handle onbeforeunload and with the help of AJAX in jQuery+WebService(where there should be an existing updating method) to deal with that.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:25 PM