Unable to create new pools or resize existing: "Desired number of dedicated nodes could not be allocated as the resize timeout was reached." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a new pool with a single node. I always get

"Desired number of dedicated nodes could not be allocated as the resize timeout was reached."

I tried it with serveral VMs, configurations, via Python API and Azure Portal GUI and I also tried to resize a already existing pool from 1 to 2 nodes, which resulted in the same error. I even tried it on a second subscription -> same error. I have only 1 VM running on my subscription, which is a small A1 linux VM, hence I can not have reached the core maximum. I tried to get a more explicity error message, but couldn't find one.

As I experience the error on two different subscriptions, might there be a problem with the batch service? My service is registered in Western Europe. Is there a way to debug?

BR

C

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:42 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problems today using settings that have worked perfectly before. Any updates or solutions would be highly appreciated.

Br

B

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 10:22 AM
  • Please raise a support request via the portal and the service team can investigate. Although not definitive (given insufficient information), there is a high likelihood that the Storage outage in West Europe was the cause of the allocation failures.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 2:55 PM
  • Thanks Fred. 

Is this still ongoing or are you all able to scale out now? 

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:31 PM
  • I can scale out now, the problem occured from monday evening until tuesday evening.

Thanks for the answer!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:56 AM
  • Thanks for the update! So it does appear you were impacted by the outage. 

You can monitor the Azure Status page for more information surrounding how that situation was mitigated. 

If you notice issues again just let us know :) 

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:17 PM