Create SMTP Server In Windows Store App

Question

• Hi, I Want To Create A Page In My App Where People Can Send Me Messages Using SMTP In Visual Basic Windows Form It Uses Imports System.Net.Mail On The Top But In Windows Store App It Says .Mail Is Not Valid Can u Give Me The Code That Is Used For For Creating An Email Sender In Windows Store App
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Hamza,

Windows Store App does not support System.Net.Mail class right now.

I would suggest you to use sharing function in Windows Store App, read this for more information: Sharing content

However if you still need to implement a Mail service, I would recommend you to find some third party controls for help.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Because your issue is about windows store app, I moved this thread to Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB forum for better support.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:13 AM
  • Hi Hamza,

Windows Store App does not support System.Net.Mail class right now.

I would suggest you to use sharing function in Windows Store App, read this for more information: Sharing content

However if you still need to implement a Mail service, I would recommend you to find some third party controls for help.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:10 AM