none
COM Components RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I want to create the dotnet com components.Now i have one .Net dll for converting to com components. i have given the statement in command prompt "tlbimp sttime.dll /outTongue Tiedervertime.dll"

sttime.dll ----> is input dll

servertime.dll--->is dotnet dll

while it shows the error "Unable to locate the input library  sttime.dll".Is anybody knows the solution for this one?.Help me

Thanks,

Muthamizh

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:23 PM

Answers

• Type "cd \whereever\your\dll\is\stored" first.  If you still have problems, use Oleview.exe File + View TypeLibrary to ensure sttime.dll in fact contains a type library.
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 12:33 PM
  • If you want to expose an .net assembly to a COM component, use TlbExp which is a command-line tool that converts the classes and interfaces contained in an assembly to a COM type library.

For more details, please visit Packaging an Assembly for COM.

Thanks!
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:53 PM

All replies

• Type "cd \whereever\your\dll\is\stored" first.  If you still have problems, use Oleview.exe File + View TypeLibrary to ensure sttime.dll in fact contains a type library.
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 12:33 PM
  • If you want to expose an .net assembly to a COM component, use TlbExp which is a command-line tool that converts the classes and interfaces contained in an assembly to a COM type library.

For more details, please visit Packaging an Assembly for COM.

Thanks!
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:53 PM