Change the template of the activity designer RRS feed

• Question

• how do we change the template of the activity designer, I meant changing the header part (icon, expander button), basically, what I want to do is to add a help button beside the activity icon area, so that when user click that button, we can popup a help page for that specific activity we developed.

thanks,

Sean

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Sean,

You'll need to create your own custom activity designer to fit your requirement.

How to: Create a Custom Activity Designer

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd489419.aspx

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:32 AM
  • One way is derive from WorkflowViewElement instead of ActivityDesigner.
    Another general approach probably more suitable for adding a help button, but that I don't know a good demo of would be using the WPF programming model (Styles, Templates, Content, Visual tree walking etc) to modify the control contents generated by base.InitializeComponent().
    Tim
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Hi, Leo/Tim, thanks for replying.

in my case, I have a base activity designer for all the activity designers in our project to inherit from, what I want to change is the base activity designer's template, so that all inherited activity designers all have a help button and a feedback button in the title bar, just like for default WWF activity designer, there is an Icon template and an expander template in the title bar, all custom activity designers will inherit that behavior from the base one.

I have a activity designer project, how do I assign a WPF template to my base activity designer?

another question is how do I get the template of the default WWF base activity designer so that I can modify on it. I tried to use XamlWriter to serialize the template in my customer activity designer, but it throw me an weird exception.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Hii,

I am also having the same requirement. Did u got any solution.

Friday, August 29, 2014 4:18 PM