App Failed Certification Test Results - Missing Pause RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would have opened a support ticket, but this does not seem to be working at this time.

An app of mine has failed certification in "5.2 Performance and Resource Management" due to the following test case.

Expected Result Test Process Required

1. Launch your application.
    2. Deactivate the application using the Start button.
    3. Launch your application again.
    4. Verify that the application launches normally within 5 seconds, and is responsive within 20 seconds of launching.
    5. If your application includes pause functionality, pause the application.
    6. Launch your application again.
    7. Verify that the application launches normally within 5 seconds, and is responsive within 20 seconds of launching.

The app failed as the game did not pause.  The game does not implement a pause due its short running nature.  3 other variations of the app have already passed certification without pause functionality.

As the game is targeting a Halloween release would be good to get this resolved quickly.  As such I have submitted the app again without code change.

PS Having the facility to clarify details like this to the testers when submitting an app is a great feature for the Windows 8 store.  Would be top to see it implemented in the Windows Phone review process.

[url=http://blog.codheadz.com]Codheadz - Apps and Games for Charity[/url]

Friday, October 4, 2013 9:45 PM

All replies