Working with Tables RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to control the column width of individual cells. Explorer 9 does not respect the settings that I save in the .htm design document. Que pasa?

I have previously worked with FrontPage 2003.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:50 PM

All replies

• "HeyHugh" wrote in message news:2f129746-256e-4ff8-b18e-0ac0f5611947@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I am unable to control the column width of individual cells. Explorer 9 does not respect the settings that I save in the .htm design document. Que pasa?

I have previously worked with FrontPage 2003.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    You're in the Expression Design forum; you need to be in the Expression Web forum . . .

http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/web/threads

Be sure to read the "Forum Faq and Guidelines - Start Here" before you post. There's lots of information in that document, and you may even find a solution. Also, if you have your site up, give a link to it so they can look at what you've done so far.

The guys and gals are very helpful, but they tend to be even more helpful when provided with all the info you can give. :)

I'm a "newbie" to Web Building, and cannot answer your question although I use IE9.

Nancy Ward
    Monday, October 24, 2011 2:59 PM
  • I read through some of the recent commentary. Nothing on my problem with tables, but I did read with interest the suggestion that the user give up on Expression Web 4 and go back to Front Page 2003.

I have two websites created in FP 2003 and this might just be the solution.

Hugh

HeyHugh
    Monday, October 24, 2011 10:04 PM
  • Hey Hugh,

It would help to have a link to a sample page for myself or someone else to view...and do please repost into the correct forum as this isn't the correct forum for Expression Web help.

Take care, Mike

Monday, October 24, 2011 10:38 PM
  • Mike:

I will be happy to re-post my query if you can redirect me to the correct forum to use.

I am working with a trial copy of Expressions Web 4.

Hugh 

HeyHugh
    Monday, October 24, 2011 11:05 PM
  • Hi Hugh,

The link is above in Nancy's post. It will take you to the Expression Web and SuperPreview forum. Here it also is:

http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/web/threads

Do be aware that everyone there will likely want to see a posted page for us to review code, etc. We don't need the code, but a live page. This page can be in a temp folder on an existing site.

Thanks, Mike

Monday, October 24, 2011 11:29 PM
  • "HeyHugh" wrote in message news:e606f3e4-35a0-440e-a78c-c7c2baee5d61@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I read through some of the recent commentary. Nothing on my problem with tables, but I did read with interest the suggestion that the user give up on Expression Web 4 and go back to Front Page 2003.

I have two websites created in FP 2003 and this might just be the solution.

Hugh

HeyHugh
    ========================
    Not to be argumentative, but I'd advise you to click on the link I provided, or the one Mike provided; both will take you to the same place. :)

Ask the denizens there about the pros and cons of going backward instead of forward. :} and that's the last I'll say about EW in this forum. Except that if at all possible, the first thing you should do is post a link to your site if at all possible.

The guys and gals cannot help with what they cannot see.

Nancy Ward
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:18 AM