ArgumentOutOfRangeException in PresentationFramework.dll!System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog() RRS feed

• Question

• We have a VsPackage that extends Visual Studio 2008. For one customer, the System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog() method is failing with System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. Here are the details we have:

First-chance exception at 0x74f4c44d (KernelBase.dll) in devenv.exe: 0x0000071A: The remote procedure call was cancelled.
    An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: The parameter value must be greater than zero.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll: Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\msenv.dll: Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe: Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll: Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll: Symbols loaded (source information stripped).

> PresentationFramework.dll!System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog() + 0x357 bytes

As expected, we call the IVsUIShell.EnableModeless() with FALSE and TRUE before and after showing the modal dialog respectively. 

This is working for us all the time, except for this one customer, do you have more details we can help them with?

• Moved by Leo (Apple) Yang Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:35 AM Visual Studio Integrate Issue
    Monday, July 14, 2014 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am afraid that here is not the correct forum for this issue. Since here is to discuss WPF development issue. For this issue, I will move to Visual Studio Integrate Forum. Where you can contact experts who are familiar with this topic.

Thank You for your understanding!

Sincerely,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:37 AM
  • Hi,

Since it works for you all the time, I think the code is ok. I think we need to make sure that customer's VS2008 is fine and his/her .NET Framework is fine too.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:07 AM