none
How to REALLY disable Code Contracts in a solution

Question

• I've been trying to use CC but am about ready to give up on it. Every release brings a new headache. My solution has 30+ projects and hundreds of contracts. However, with Win10 Anniversary, I have begun getting build errors related to CC - "Could not load Utilties.V3.5"  I'm really ready to just rip CC out altogether because I am frankly tired of it constantly being a thorn in my side. Plus, it requires so much coupling that in a case like this, ripping it out will take weeks (along with putting in working conditionals).

But in the meantime, I have 100+ unit tests I need to wrap up without gutting the headache that is Code Contracts. How is the *correct* way to just disable the contracts without taking them out? I've tried unchecking both "Perform ** Contract Checking" to no avail. I've tried removing CONTRACTS_FULL to no avail. The damn thing insists that if I have a Contract call, it must be used. I'm just very, very fed up with dealing with this thing, but I really need to just have a working solution for 1 damn hour. (as you can probably tell, CC has gotten me very very ticked off...been a problem for years now with no signs of every being anything more than an experiment for us guinea pigs)

Saturday, October 01, 2016 4:24 AM

All replies